Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 25, 2012

share my running playlist

I missed last week, so this was my first time on the road and I sure enjoyed it.  Most of the time I was by myself but I was never alone.  Without the group I know there were times when it would have been easy for me to quit before the time, but there was always someone ahead of me or behind me that made me push myself along. 

Now that we are running on the road and we spread out more, it is almost imperative for me to have some kind of music going through my head.  Last year, I made a 33 minute playlist of what I considered running related songs for the 5K Cannery Run.  My goal was to finish the 5K before the music ran out.  I finished at 32:05.  Now that we are aiming for 10K I had to update my playlist.  It is just under 67 minutes which I hope to beat.

The list:

Start Me Up (obvious first song) - The Rolling Stones
Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
Runaway - Bon Jovi
Run to You - Bryan Adams
I Run to You (see the theme developing) - Lady Antebellum
Run For Your Life (sure it's misogynist but it has a great beat)- The Beatles
Runnin' Down a Dream - Tom Petty
Run Run Run - The Velvet Underground 
Comfortably Numb (should be about this time) - Pink Floyd
Walking Man (in case I need to catch my breath) - James Taylor
The Old Man Down the Road (might only apply to me)- John Fogerty
As Fast As I Can - Great Big Sea
Long May You Run - Neil Young
The Long and Winding Road - The Beatles
Not Dark Yet - Bob Dylan
It's Over - Roy Orbison

No comments:

Post a Comment