Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 18, 2012

is wish everybody Happy POB Day


On March 16 of last year, I posted this on facebook.

I am really disappointed. I thought I had made up a new abbreviation, one that would be used like lol and omg. POB - pat on back. I have given a couple of POBs. But today I did a google search of abbreviations for POB. And, sucks to be me, it is listed.

Mind you it is not listed on all acronym sites and it only got two stars out of five on one of the two sites where it is listed but it is listed. Right there with Portable Oxygen Bottle and Pilot on Board. Hey, pass the POB a POB. It even lists John and Yoko's Plastic Ono Band. All we are saying... is give POB a POB.

But my personal favourite is pedestrian on bike. WTF? A pedestrian by definition is on foot! LOL.

Here's the good news. POB was not listed on any site I could find that dealt with internet slang. So, this is the challenge. Let's start using POB as often as we can. The world needs cheering up. One POB at a time.

Two days later, I designated Mar. 18 as POB Day and sent messages to facebook friends.  For a while people would use it jokingly with me but I have been negligent in encouraging its continued use.

So today I want to say Happy POB Day to everyone I know.  I hope you pass a POB on to all that deserve one.

No comments:

Post a Comment