Total Pageviews

Monday, June 11, 2012

is recover

This week was a recovery week so Sunday's run was only 9K.  I love saying ONLY 9K.  We ran from the Lester Centre through the Butze parking lot and then back to the highway and return.  We figured it to be more than 9k maybe 9.5.  Gail and I ran together and finished at about 57 minutes.  We ran out to Butze with Ray but he decided to continue to Oliver Lake.  We will have to do that in a couple of weeks but we won't run from his house on Graham to the Lester Centre as a warm up.

The three of us ran to Butze and running and talking were not a problem.  The distraction made the time go faster.

Earlier in the week, we ran about 5K on Tuesday and on Thursday we drove to Butze and ran the trail.  The Butze trail is a hard 35-40 minutes, so I didn't feel guilty about not running for the recommended 45 minutes.   On Friday, I ran to Butze from the church at Conrad and Prince Rupert Boulevard.  I figured it was slightly more than 7K and I completed it in about 45 minutes.  The program we are following recommends 4-5 runs each week, but I figure four should be enough.  Sunday is the only challenging day.  We have to do 12K next week followed by a 13 and then a 14 before our next recovery week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment