Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 17, 2012

get up the hill

Week five is now complete.  On the rare nice days we have, it is essential that we run along the waterfront which is what we did on Tuesday.  On Thursday we ran passed the hospital and looped back through Ominica.  Each of those runs was about 5-6K taking 35 or so minutes.  On Friday, I ran Butze.  I almost made it up the hill from the directional sign.  When I stopped I didn't realize that just around the corner was the flat area.  If I had known that I would have pushed myself for another 10 seconds.   Still couldn't make it up the hill to the parking lot, but I did break the 37 minute mark for the run.

On Sunday, we ran 12K.  We figured the 6K marker was around the shoe tree but we ran about 100m past it just to be sure.  When we crossed the highway and headed back, we found the marker about 50m or so on the town side of the tree.  That means we ran closer to 12.5K.  I was a couple of minutes longer than I was for the Skeena relay but I will blame the miserable weather.  I was drenched when we were done.

Next week we advance to 13K.  Still not sure what 21K will feel like but I still had enough in me to run further than 12K today.

No comments:

Post a Comment