Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 3, 2012

is brag a little

Week Three concluded by running 12.1K as part of the Skeena River Relay.  I was supposed to run 12K on Sunday so when I was asked to run on Saturday, I figured I was just running the distance one day early.

I was very pleased with my time which was about 73 minutes.  I have now completed four races each longer than the last one.

Cannery Run 5K             6'25"/kilometre/
PR Half Marathon 8K     6'32"/kilometre
Glory Days 10K              6'09"/kilometre
Skeena Relay 12.1K        6'02"/kilometre (based on 73 minutes which is not the official time)

Even though I am not working on speed, I am getting (ever so slowly) faster.  This is a pace that definitely gets me through a half marathon in under 2 hours 15 minutes. 

And when I finished yesterday, I had no trouble maintaining a fairly normal conversation (no breathlessness) and my legs felt fine.  Still not sure what 21K will be like but I am not worried about 15K.  I also suggested to Leslie that we should form a Learn2Run graduates team for next year's relay.

Earlier in the week, we ran 7.4K on Tuesday and about 5K on Thursday.  On Wednesday, I went to the Gym for the last time until the fall.  With running outside three+ times a week, I haven't been going often enough to get my money's worth.  I visited the pool for the first time in a bunch of years and they have a decent gym - especially cardio stuff which is really all I care about.  I am thinking of getting a punch card for crossing training during the summer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment