Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 5, 2012

is overcome my first injury

The day after Sunday's 18K, I felt pain in my right groin, actual pain.  Lifting my knee to my waist hurt.  Getting in and out of the car hurt.  I decided to take Tuesday and Thursday off to rest it.  On Friday, I did some very light run/walks with Kyrie and it felt fine.  On Sunday, we were supposed to run only 12K so I decided to give it a try..

After about 5.5K, I felt a slight twinge so decided to turn back.  I walked much of the way, jogging short distances and then stretching my leg to see how it felt.  I didn't feel pain.  I did run the last kilometre when my running partner caught up to me.

The leg feels fine 12 hours later but I still want to be careful with it.

On the way back I decided to time myself walking.  I walked 1K in 8'44".  Last week, I ran 18K in just under 110 minutes.  8'44" x 3 is just over 26 minutes.  If I had to walk 3K, I would finish in 2 hours 16 minutes - one minute over my goal.  That gives me lots of leeway when I run the half marathon in October.   

No comments:

Post a Comment