Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 29, 2012

is remember to post

I know I ran on the Tuesday and Thursday following the 16K run but I can't remember where; and I know I ran 15K on Saturday, the 21st.  I am at a point now where I realize that trying for a 6 minute/kilometre may not be possible.  I ran the 15K about 42 seconds slower which I suppose isn't too far off but I felt the need to slow down as I was finishing.

I ran on the Saturday because we flew to Vancouver for a couple of days so I missed the Tueday run.  I did run from the hotel to the 7-11 (about 1K each direction) so I did something.  On Thursday we ran Butze twice.  This time I was much better as I managed to run up all the hills even the last one from the directional sign, but I did avoid the very last hill to the parking lot by cutting out to the highway and running in from there.  Butze is hard once, not sure why we run it twice.

Today, we were supposed to run 17K but we weren't sure where the 8.5K marker was located so we ended up running 18K.  That means we are only 3K short of the half marathon.  It took me a few seconds under one hour and 50 minutes meaning I can take 25 minutes to run the final 3K and still reach my goal.

My legs did feel a bit wobbly when I stopped and they are still a bit sore seven hours later but I am guessing that is normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment