Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 19, 2012

is get better

On the Tuesday following the Sunday walk/run, I ran the 5K loop of the Glory Days run and felt fine except the leg didn't seem the same as its counterpart.  I decided to take Thursday off but I ran 12K on Sunday.  The leg felt fine during and immediately after the run but it was sore the next day.  I have been resting, stretching, and icing it all week.  I intend to test it on Tuesday.  Kim Slater is completing a province wide run along the Enbridge route and we are to meet her at Butze and run in the rest of the way with her.  If I run from my house and then cut out on the way back it will be about 6K total and I will likely be resting after the first 3K.  That should be a good test and then I will do little for the rest of the week and then test it with a longer run next Sunday.  It looks like we will be in town for the Cannery half-Marathon so I can prepare a little better for both it and the Victoria race in October.  It is very frustrating right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment