Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 23, 2012

is get this over with

I have been going to the gym almost daily.  I use the rowing machine, the eliptical and the bike for 15-20 each.  I also do a few weights.  I have continued to run a couple of times a week.  On the 9th we drove to Quesnel.  Greg and I ran from the hotel to the farm (about 14K) on the 10th.   I finished in just over 90 minutes which was ok considering that I stopped to talk to John who had come to the farm to pick up some of his equipment.  My legs were a bit sore but the groin was fine.

 On the 16th I did 10K at the Cannery Road Race and finished in just over an hour.  I felt fine.  Jackie and Gail both did their half marathons and both were in pain after.  But they finished!

On the 20th we did a quick run out to the SPCA and back and again I felt fine.

Today we ran out to Ridley.  We turned back just after the cutoff which is about 100m past the 8K marker.  I got there is just under 50 minutes but I took about 53 to get back.  That puts me on track for 2 hour 15 minute half marathon which was my original goal.  For a time, I thought I might have been able to cut about 10 minutes off that but with the limited training while healing this injury, I know that is unlikely.

Over the next couple of weeks, I plan to run 5K on Thursday and 10K next Sunday. I may run part of the route on the Thursday night when we get to Victoria to see what it is like, but other than that, I just want to get this over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment